1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install Today

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Mainea, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Mainea

Mainea Cool Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Ok, having install as we speak. Guy showed up on time, is friendly and seems knowledgeable. I gave him my top two preferences for dish location, both on the roof. My first choice would not have worked for half of the HD channels because of a stand of cedar trees. He went to my second choice, also on the roof, said I'd get everything there. So he mounted it and also half way down the roof so the dish would not be too visible from the street side. Now he is pulling cable to the tv locations. Just thought I mention all of this because I usually read negative installs here. Now I can't wait to play.

2. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    Make sure he properly peaks and secures the dish, uses silicone and tightens all bolts. And don't forget about grounding.

3. Mainea

Mainea Cool Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Thanks,
    I watched him silicone after he lagged the base to the roof. He used 2 support legs and he grounded his block to the water main in basement.

Currently he is connecting all of the cables in the basement to the grounding block. He is planning on using existing video jacks and cable in the main living area and bedrooms. Luckily I had double video jacks rum to each tv location about 5 years ago. Which he liked for the HDDVR.

4. Mainea

Mainea Cool Member

Aug 22, 2007
    So my install went flawlessly from beginning to end. I have been watching almost non stop except to go to sleep last night. I have been looking at some of my signal numbers and some seem low. 101 generally ranges 94 -100 except for transponder 26 is showing 65. 110 is showing 94, 87, 91; 119 has a range of 92 - 100; 99a ranges 79-94 with a 0 on transponder 2; 99b ranges 72-96 on transponder 2-5 and 0 on transponder 15-24; 103 is showing 103a has 100 on transponder 1 and 5 and 98 on 18 but everything else is 0; 103b ranges 78-92. We had pretty heavy rain about half hour ago and pic quality seemed good. Please advise if I should adjust.

5. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Wouldn't worry about it.. looks like he lined it up pretty good..