1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Installation 1 month away??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by franco, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franco

franco AllStar

Nov 6, 2003
    I just set up my install for a Hr20 DVR and 5LNB dish . They gave me an install time of Oct 19?? Anyone have to wait this long?? I live in the western NY area. Is there any way to escalate this? If so, who do you speak to?
    Thanks!
    Frank

2. naijai

naijai Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    Better to be further than sooner for the HR20 installs that makes sure they have the equipment and installers are available

3. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    It's the busiest time of season for installers due to Sunday Ticket starting up. I have an install set for Oct 7th but then I already installed the reciever so I'm just waiting for an install of the dish upgrade and switch.

4. TMullenJr

TMullenJr Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    I tried to setup an installation, and was also told late October. I decided to buy the AT-9 dish & install it myself. I should have it by the end of the week. I'm in Western CT.

5. Losana

Losana Mentor

Sep 13, 2006
    You could call your local installer and see if they could put you in earlier or if there is a cancellation to contact you. I did this by calling Directv and asking for the local installers phone number.

6. bobojay

bobojay Godfather

Jan 26, 2004
    Mine is set for 10/17. Called the install company, (Ironwood), and they put me on the so called "fast track". Supposedly may save a couple weeks.
    We'll see!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.