1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installation Images

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by dminches, Aug 12, 2010.

1. dminches

dminches Godfather

Oct 1, 2006
    Similar to one of the sticky threads in the connected home section, is there a place to see pictures of people's installations? It is always helpful to see how others put things together.

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I think you just started one :D

3. slo_dave

slo_dave Cool Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I'll go..

Just got mine installed yesterday.
    Was lucky enough to get 3 HR24's and 2 H24's
    MRV

I had already ran new RG6 to all locations, terminated in wall and ran back to central location in garage. I also ran new Cat5 cable back to router.
    Fairly easy install.

I'll edit my post later to add more of the install pics

Attached Files:

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    The receivers are made in Korea, not China?...I'm Shocked!

5. CivicBeater

CivicBeater Cool Member

Apr 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. mluntz

mluntz Icon

Jul 13, 2006
    Won't have to worry about LOS issues there!

7. TwoPhases

TwoPhases Legend

Jul 20, 2010
    Here's my Slimline. I had to use those triangular blocks as my fascia (reinforced of course) is angled.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. netraa

netraa Godfather

Mar 27, 2007

That's a service call in the embryo stage.... sorry to say but the odds of that dish staying put mounted like that are about like winning the lottery, 6 times.

9. sungam

sungam Legend

May 10, 2007
    Why the extra splitter when there are three open ports on the 1x8? DirecTV is also now recommending no more than one splitter when a 1x8 is used.

10. lzhj9k

lzhj9k Legend

Mar 14, 2009

Slo-Dave

Is the 8-way splitter a green label splitter?? I see the two way is...

11. TwoPhases

TwoPhases Legend

Jul 20, 2010
    Service call? I installed this myself. Meaning I can tweak/tighten myself if necessary. It's been up since February of '09 & never have had any issues. See the tall evergreens in the background? They're all over my neighborhood. I love them as they block high winds, keeping our area relatively still. If only the lottery was as easy as you say. ;)

12. Manctech

Manctech Icon

Jul 5, 2010
    Here is some of my work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. slo_dave

slo_dave Cool Member

Jul 9, 2010
    It is not a green label, it is a SWS8WB-P
    What is the correct way to wire this. Installer was not used to having to install everything in one central location.

[​IMG]

14. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    The 1x2 splitter and the jumper between the two splitters should be removed. The two disconnected lines should be connected directly to the 1x8 splitter.

15. Manctech

Manctech Icon

Jul 5, 2010
    The way he installed it is fine, however you can remove the 2 way splitter and just plug the 2 lines straight into the 8 way.

But either way works. If it ai'nt broke don't fix it.

16. sungam

sungam Legend

May 10, 2007
    Theoretically it ain't broke perhaps, but there are two splitters, one which isn't needed and one which isn't green labeled. That could result in subtle problems due to reduced DECA signal levels. I assume that's part of why DirecTV no longer allows two splitters when one is a 1X8 (TB 13, 7/20/10).

17. Manctech

Manctech Icon

Jul 5, 2010
    Guess I missed that TB. I definitely missed the Green label in the picture. :)

18. mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital AllStar

Oct 3, 2004
    What's the significance of a "green" splitter? Is it wideband frequency response (like 3GHz)?

19. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Green label means it has been approved for multi-room viewing. It can better pass the "stuff" needed for DECA.