1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Installation issues

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Dish Novice, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Dish Novice

Dish Novice New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    I recently moved from cable to Dish - so far so good....

I also go camping and would like to take my 211 with me - I've purchased a 1000.2 antenna and off I went.

I could not get the system running - set up the antenna with AZ, SK & EL from book - antenna was level - could not pull in 110, 119 or 129.

I use 3 quad shield rg6 cables to a Dish Network triplex to get one cable to the 211 receiver.

What an I missing?

Do I need a DPP44 switch - and if I do, do I need the power pack as well????

Thanks for any and all help.

Dish Novice

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    From a 1000.2 dish you should be able to connect a single cable from the first output on the DISH to the receiver and not have anything else in between.

3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Try setting up the dish in your back yard to gain experience. I would suggest a dish 300 as a better camping dish it only sees 1 satellite but it is much easier to set up because you are looking for only one satellite.

4. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    I assume you are trying to use your system in some sort of RV. If so, I suspect you are running the sat cable through your RV's factory installed cabling. Most newer RV's (last 5 years or so) have connections for both satellite and park cable. If yours does not, there is most likely a splitter in the line somewhere. If there is more than 1 outlet in your RV there is definatly a splitter somewhere. If this is the case you'll have to modify your RV's factory cabling or run a direct cable from your dish to the receiver.