1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Installation of VIP222K and

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by yopopa, Jan 22, 2011.

1. yopopa

yopopa New Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Along the same line as Coach29, in a previous post, is the Satellite Dish 1000.2 compatible with the Dish VIP222K?
    The Dish VIP 222K came with a dp Plus Triplexer (175284).
    The Satellite Disk came with no instructions or cables.
    How do I install cabling from the Dish integrated LNBF to the Receiver? The three LNBF' outputs of the dish and the two inputs of the triplexes have me confused.
    Thanks in advance.

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Run 1 RG6 coax (preferably swept to 2.2 GHz) from the LNB down to the receiver.
    You should note the 3 ports on the triplexer - 1 is for the RF output of TV2, and the other two are for the satellite inputs.If you add a diplexer between the triplexer and the LNB, you can use this as a back feed to TV2. Alternatively, you could use the non SAT output on the triplexer as feeding your OTA antenna in (and the diplexer's other input would be to an OTA antenna).

3. Bnottt

Bnottt Cool Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Yes, compatible. And a triplexer is only a diplexer and a seperator combined into one. So with it you only have to use one diplexer. Run one line from the tuned dish to the triplexer which should be connected to both sat ports and the home distribution port.

I've attached you a diagram. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

4. yopopa

yopopa New Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Thanks for getting back Scooper. So as I understand, I can connect one RG-6 cable to any one of the three LNBF outputs on the Dish. I guess this is because the LNBF's are intergated and either of the outputs will give you 110, 119, and 129 coverage. Run that one cable to the input on the triplexer (54-2150Mhz). Connect the two Satellite IN, on the triplexer (Sat1 960-1450Mhz & Sat2 1650-2150Mhz), to each of the satellite IN on the back of the VIP222K. I not worried about TV2 at present.
    Again thanks for responding. I was just confused, thinking I had to run three cables from each connection on the dish.

5. yopopa

yopopa New Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Thanks to you too Bnott for the drawings.