1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Installation scheduling Issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by gator1234, Mar 14, 2014.

1. gator1234

gator1234 AllStar

Jul 21, 2007
    Anyone else having trouble getting an installation scheduled? I guess order a genie mini and they said it could take up to 72 hours for someone to call to then schedule an installation. I understand the install itself could be a number of days but you have to wait 3 days just to have someone to call you and then you have to scheduel. It has been two days and I am still waiting. I called Directv back and they said to keep waiting.

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    usually this happens whet the market is over booked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. b52pooh

b52pooh Cool Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Southern Oregon
    Or you are in Alaska...... :grin:

4. cbraze2

cbraze2 New Member

Mar 19, 2014
    rawlins,wyoming
    well iam having to wait 10 days- and then i have to take time off work so i can be there un called for

5. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Because YOU want to, DirecTV is NOT forcing you to take off from work, so that excuse does not fly.... sorry....

6. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Maybe he was only offered a time when he is working, you don't know. You will defend anything Directv does regardless of what it is.

7. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Not defending, just keeping real!! When you call DirecTV they said the soonest appointment is 10 days from today, which is a "Tuesday" (just made that up for argument sake) I say, how about Thursday which is my day off, DirecTV says "sure" would you like AM or PM, I say "PM" Thanks!

If I take "Tuesday" is because I chose not to wait and I chose to tell my boss that I wanted the day off because I had a "doctor's appointment"

Yep, keeping it real!!!!

8. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    And again, you don't know if that's what happened. You are making it up to be able to defend Directv.

9. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    If what has happened? the "soonest" day is 10 days from today, that means that any day from there on is available for you to choose as is best convenient for you, or you can choose the first available day regardless of your schedule, again, YOU decide....

10. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Unbelievable.

11. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I hear this excuse everyday, yet there always room on the schedule the next day and the day after.

12. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    peds is right. There is the day that the first appointment is available, which may or may not be a day that a customer needs to work and then there is the first appointment available on a specific day of the week requested by the customer, Those both may be the same day or the request for a specific day may be later than the first appointment available. Regardless, the customer always has the option of waiting for an appointment to be available on the day of his choice. Nobody is forcing him to take a day off of work (unless he works 7 days a week).

Do you want your DirecTV installed as soon as possible or do you want your DirecTV installed on a day when you don't have to work? Customer's choice.

1 person likes this.
  13. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Could not have said better myself!

Exactly my thoughts.

P.S even if the customer works seven days, they are choosing to take off from work, as they can leave in charge anyone they trust. so, yeah, there is no excuse that "I missed a day of work because of DirecTV"! you might have missed it, but because YOU chose to.

14. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Maybe, maybe not. You also don't know if this is what happened. The TS is the only one that knows.

15. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    We don't know if what has happened? please answer...

The truth is that DirecTV calendar is open AFTER the earliest appointment, at which time you can choose your most convenient date.

16. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    We don't know if the TS was offered an earlier appointment time that he refused, although it doesn't sound like he was. We don't know if the date offered was the first one available. All we know is what he said in his post. What you and Bill Broderick suggest is pure supposition.

17. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    you are the one who does not know. :rotfl:

When know for a FACT that the OP was offered the EARLIEST appointment available, is 10 days from whenever he posted, he took it!

"i would like to now why it takes so long to my system moved to new address we are having to wait over a week for direct tv to come install at news address i placed order on 3/14 and have to wait 10 days before they come and install .""

The above indicates that there is no appointment available until 9 days from today (he posted yesterday) making this the FIRST available appointment, there is nothing available BEFORE, but there is sure something available AFTER, which YOU can freely choose. So you can either take the FIRST available or ask for your BEST convenient appointment AFTER the FIRST available appointment. YOU decide, NOT DirecTV . Capisce

18. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Yours is not an unreasonable supposition, but it is supposition.

19. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    you just don't get it. :bang

I am done!

20. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    I do get it, clearly you don't.