1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installer Here What A Joke

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Skins Fan, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 8, 2007 #1 of 13
    Skins Fan

Skins Fan Legend

Sep 18, 2007
    After waiting 2 weeks to get my AT9 (defective LNB) replaced with a Slimline. The installer shows up with an order to replace the AT9 with a 3 LNB dish. NOOOOO! don't
    think so! Installer seems like a nice guy but it is hard for me to understand him, I'll let it go at that. I called *D and the guy at the other end kind of was putting the blame on the installer. I put the installer on the phone but they were having a communications problem (hint: the installer was not hispanic, America is a land of opportunity). Short story is the installer is coming back tomorrow. I am not to confident in the installer's knowledge of the HD / 103/99 /proper alignment thing. He wanted to see my signal on the 119. He saw a "0" on one of the transponders that normally is "0" and said "aha, that is why you don't get your HD! I told him I get all of my HD and he exclaimed NO! you need that 119 transponder. So, I showed him all of my HD including the new HD. I went through the sat test for him and showed him the 103b signals, the 99, the BBC test, etc. He had a blank look on his face. Really, I figure if he indeed can bring a dish and get it aligned with the 101 & 119, I can do the rest. I guess it would be confusing for him if my complaint was intermittent rec of 103b and it just happens to be working now.

2. Oct 8, 2007 #2 of 13
    axl

axl AllStar

Sep 12, 2007
    heh sounds like you are well on your way and definately know a lot more than your installer knew this morning. good luck! there are plenty of people here to hel p if you need help getting that dish alligned after they replace it.

3. Oct 8, 2007 #3 of 13
    chopperjc

chopperjc Godfather

Oct 2, 2006
    Call the installation company direct. Explain problems and concerns. Do not "hope" everything get communicated. Then request another installer.

4. Oct 8, 2007 #4 of 13
    m0ondoggy

m0ondoggy AllStar

Sep 11, 2007
    Agreed, call the installation company and request another installer. Ask them why their installers haven't been trained on a dish configuration that's been out for over a year.

5. Oct 8, 2007 #5 of 13
    GOSKINS

GOSKINS Cool Member

Sep 25, 2007
    This is completely off topic..but, HOW BOUT THOSE REDSKINS!!!

6. Oct 8, 2007 #6 of 13
    CableSux

CableSux New Member

Oct 7, 2005
    It was an easy game for the Redskins... Detroit sent impostors... just like the HSP sent a fake installer to Skins Fan's house. :D

7. Oct 8, 2007 #7 of 13
    chopperjc

chopperjc Godfather

Oct 2, 2006

Hail to the Redskins............ Actually a Bears fan but I had them yesterday (for entertainment pouposes only of course:D ) Had a roomate in the Army big Redskins fan learned the song from him.

8. Oct 8, 2007 #8 of 13
    Skins Fan

Skins Fan Legend

Sep 18, 2007
    Hey the guy has a white truck with *D on it. Last year when they came to install, the guy showed up in a muddy, beat-up pickup with his wife, breastfeeding a baby and two small ones in the back seat. I will let him come out tomorrow and see what happens. At this point I don't think he can do much harm that I can't fix.

9. Oct 8, 2007 #9 of 13
    Skins Fan

Skins Fan Legend

Sep 18, 2007
    Oh Yeh!

Skins put the wood to um!

10. Skins Fan

Skins Fan Legend

Sep 18, 2007
    My 2nd day of waiting (yesterday) was a "no show". As late as 6pm even the regular D representative could not get the local installations (Avanced Technologies) people on the phone. She was getting very frustrated at the long wait and music in our ears. I told her this is what the customer puts up with all of the time. All she could do was to keep apologizing. I had to stop the fiasco to catch an appointment I could not miss. So, in ten minutes my quest for a "trouble fix" continues. I kept telling them this is not a new install, it is in response to a trouble report. Why don't you fix your problems first before you put in new services? Of course I already know the answer. If I can get the new dish installed first, I will then call retention and get my blood pressure up there.

11. GOSKINS

GOSKINS Cool Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Thats who did my install when I was in MD. I'm pretty sure they have to be one of the worst install companies, I have ever dealt with. Well it wasnt even an install, it was a HD upgrade...I wont bore you with the details, but lets just say that I ended up getting back the $99 lease fee for both of my H20 receivers.

12. mchaney

mchaney Godfather

Aug 17, 2006
    I think Mastec in Florida would give you a good run for your money on that one! :D

Mike

13. axl

axl AllStar

Sep 12, 2007
    Mastec in Virginia would do the same! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.