1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installer is here for my move right now and...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by hbkbiggestfan, Jan 16, 2012.

1. hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan Godfather

May 24, 2007
    He is saying it will cost an additional $49 to drill an additional hole for the living room. Cable internet router needs to be connected to deca... router is across the room due to current wall cable holes. I told him to just use a long cat5 instead. Is he right about the $49 charge? Because my wife isn't going to be very happy about the cat5 cable across the living room.

2. BobStokesbary

BobStokesbary Legend

Oct 24, 2010
    Is there a reason he cannot install the wireless CCK? No wires. If he can't do it you can get it on the DirecTV site for $31 including shipping. No reason for holes today.

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Have the long cable run and then after everything is working and the installer has signed off the installation, you can rerun the cable where you want. For $49 you can drill your own holes, etc.

4. hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan Godfather

May 24, 2007
    Wireless CCK? What is that exactly so I can ask him. Thanks

5. JcT21

JcT21 Legend

Nov 29, 2004
    not sure what the correct answer is, but when my directv was installed i wasnt charged anything for the additonal work/cable runs required to connect everything with my router.

6. BobStokesbary

BobStokesbary Legend

Oct 24, 2010
    That is the name: Wireless Cinema Connection Kit. Connects your D* network to the internet. I am assuming a SWM network here which is almost standard today.

7. hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan Godfather

May 24, 2007
    Is that supposed to be included free with my Whole Home installation? Yes SWiM 16.

8. Alebob911

Alebob911 Hall Of Fame

Mar 22, 2007
    CERES,CA
    WCCK= wireless Cinema Connection Kit

It uses your wireless router to provide internet to the DECA cloud. Connects via wifi to your router then connects to the DECA cloud via RG6. Works very well for situations like yours. I believe that the price from Directv's site is 39 or 49.

EDIT The price for the WCCK is 25 + 6.99 shipping for a total of 31.99 I just logged into my account and confirmed.

9. BobStokesbary

BobStokesbary Legend

Oct 24, 2010
    I think so. It was supposed to be included on most installs during 2011. I have not read the recent policies on this.

10. BobStokesbary

BobStokesbary Legend

Oct 24, 2010
    Read this page. It says it should be free.

11. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Nothing wrong with that.

12. svtcobra1998

svtcobra1998 New Member

Nov 25, 2011
    If you want a wire fished through the wall then yes he can charge you for that. If not he should use the wcck or drill a hole for the wire to be ran up through the floor.

13. ccueball

ccueball Cool Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Only 49 if wall fish otherwise it is included in standard install. Also cckw is included at no charge as well.

14. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Of course, the WCCK will only work if he has a wireless home network!!
    But, doesn't everyone now days? :D

15. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Well it still has an ethernet port, so it could work without, but then so does the BB DECA.

16. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I would have thought so except I just picked up a job to set up a laptop for someone to use wirelessly in their house. This is their first wireless device.

- Merg