DBSTalk Forum banner

Installer on the way-Setup Questions

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  revolg 
#1 ·
Hi,

Installer coming to install HR34 & H24. The feed down the house is only 1 wire, would like to keep it 1 wire. The SWM multiplexor is integrated in the dish(SL3). Currently have 2 HR24 with sms-4 splitter under the house. Have DECA & power injector on line 1 of splitter. The HR34=5, HR24=2, HR-24=2 total 9 tuners. From what I have read here, with my setup 8 tuners is the limit. The plan is to have HR34=5, HR24=2, H24=1 Total 8 tuners. This works well, DVR's are to noisy for bedroom perfect for H24. $99 dollars seemed like fair price, so I went for it.

Will this plan work or am I missing something? After reading some the install stories on DBStalk, everything needs to be just right or.....

Thanks, ShadowFree

#5 ·
HoTat2 said:
True, "works fine" as to the setup.

But as to whether the OP finds the HR34 actually "works fine" right now. Well ... thats another story. :sure:
so true. i installed a few 34's last week and something was wrong with one. keeped getting a 771b, meaning to many tuners. except the damn receiver was ran straight to the swim 1 port, no splitter or anything. changed lnb, checks lines with aim meter, and came to be the 34 was failing straight from the box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.