1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installers Against 'Siebel'

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by swedishcancerboi, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swedishcancerboi

swedishcancerboi AllStar

Sep 23, 2006
    I've got to ask, from all of the fellow installers out there,

Is it just my shop that has an utter hatred for Siebel, or is everyone else having the same problems? I miss CSG.

This complete MASSACRE of work that happened this morning was ridiculous. I can't count how many times we've been slightly delayed or had to handwrite work orders because of some Sielbel glitch. Has anyone not figured out how to locally backup data in case of a server crash/connection loss?

Anyother question, Does Siebel route your office with any kind of accuracy? Or are your routes longer than before?

Just needing to vent...

2. or270

or270 Icon

Feb 12, 2006
    I guess Siebel is a workorder software processing system?

3. Teronzhul

Teronzhul Godfather

Sep 20, 2006
    Yes it is. It is an automated routing system that theoretically is supposed to dispense jobs as techs are available in the most efficient manner. It is also apparently a giant steaming pile of crap. I've never had the pleasure, as I'm still getting my work orders via fax.

4. TigersFanJJ

TigersFanJJ Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    Same here, thank God.

5. khoyme

khoyme Mentor

Jul 4, 2007
    I feel for you guys - really.

Last Friday, I had scheduled an install for two HR20s, one H20 and new slimline dish. D* put them in the system as three separate orders (each one getting a new dish - I could contact aliens with 3 of those babies on the roof:eek2: ). The H20 was routed to one installation company. The two HR20s to a different one. Because of the dishes on all the orders, the second company thought they got duplicates of the same order, and came out with only a single receiver.

Then, when I saw the time spent on the phone activating these things -- yikes what an inefficient setup they have...

We use Seibel for our customer response system at our work. It works well. It is highly customizable (like an Oracle database for phone call tracking). It sounds like D* went with the low bidder to set it up.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.