1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installer's Price (Is this true?)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Jedk1, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedk1

Jedk1 AllStar

Sep 23, 2003
    I spoke to an installer in my neighborhood about installing DirectTV, with the new HD Tivo.

He says:
    His price for the HDTivo is $949, so he only makes $50.
    He's going to sell me the 3 LNB Dish at $49 (his price).
    The SD-Tivo for $99.

I said how do you stay in business?
    He says he makes his money on the installations. DirectTV pays him a commision.

I heard on this board that the dealers get the HD-Tivo for $699. I told him that and he laughed and said it isn't true.

Anyway, I order it, and he's going to get me one out of the next batch. He says his distributor gets them 75 at a time.

Thanks
    JedK

2. Tusk

Tusk Back in the Game DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 14, 2002
    I don't know for sure what the true price of the HD-Tivo is, but I would guess that it is closer to the $600-$700 price range. If he told you he was only making $50 on the HD-Tivo, then you tell him you heard it was $699 cost, I'm positive he won't tell you that your right and he was lying about his cost.

Be happy the you're getting a $50 price break on the the HD-Tivo compared to the going rate of $999. Also, the prices of the other items are in line with the going rate.

3. Richard Chalk

Richard Chalk Legend

Jan 4, 2004
    The SD Tivo, 35-hour version, is only $39.99 for new accounts at Value Electronics. The HD Tivo is $999, but the triple-LNB dish, and full installation is free. You do have to pay shipping, though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.