1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Installer's Price (Is this true?)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Jedk1, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedk1

Jedk1 AllStar

Sep 23, 2003
    I spoke to an installer in my neighborhood about installing DirectTV, with the new HD Tivo.

He says:
    His price for the HDTivo is $949, so he only makes $50.
    He's going to sell me the 3 LNB Dish at $49 (his price).
    The SD-Tivo for $99.

I said how do you stay in business?
    He says he makes his money on the installations. DirectTV pays him a commision.

I heard on this board that the dealers get the HD-Tivo for $699. I told him that and he laughed and said it isn't true.

Anyway, I order it, and he's going to get me one out of the next batch. He says his distributor gets them 75 at a time.

Thanks
    JedK

2. Tusk

Tusk Back in the Game DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 14, 2002
    I don't know for sure what the true price of the HD-Tivo is, but I would guess that it is closer to the $600-$700 price range. If he told you he was only making $50 on the HD-Tivo, then you tell him you heard it was $699 cost, I'm positive he won't tell you that your right and he was lying about his cost.

Be happy the you're getting a $50 price break on the the HD-Tivo compared to the going rate of $999. Also, the prices of the other items are in line with the going rate.

3. Richard Chalk

Richard Chalk Legend

Jan 4, 2004
    The SD Tivo, 35-hour version, is only $39.99 for new accounts at Value Electronics. The HD Tivo is $999, but the triple-LNB dish, and full installation is free. You do have to pay shipping, though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.