1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing d* at guest house

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Brock, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Brock

Brock Mentor

May 1, 2009
    So another receiver at the guest house needs wired up but we don't want to run junk across the yard so want to set it up with it's own dish on the side of the guest house and run wires accordingly. What all do I need to do this? Just need two tuners.

2. Combat Medic

Combat Medic Legend

Jul 27, 2007
    Are they the same address? Do you want HD at the guest house?

3. Brock

Brock Mentor

May 1, 2009
    Yes and yes. :)

4. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Call DIRECTV they can get an order setup for a movers.

5. Combat Medic

Combat Medic Legend

Jul 27, 2007
    I don't think he wants to move, just add a dish. Personally I'd call up SolidSignal and ask them for what you need.

6. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Are you Going to be using HD or SD?

If HD order the same DISH you use at the main house with a 3 or 5 lnb (no need) to go swim if you only need two receivers.

If you are just doing SD -then do a 18" dual LNB Dish and call it a day.

7. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    A movers order is the only order they can place that will do this. Hence why I said to place a movers. I'm aware that the customer is wanting to keep his system at his current residence.

If you build a new home on the same property or add a second home on the property you need a movers to get out there with all the equipment needed.

Solid Signal will charge for a dish, multiswitch's, splitters and other support hardware. All of this is included with the movers order.

8. Sep 1, 2011 #8 of 10
    Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Will they build a mover's order at the same address he is currently using?

9. Sep 1, 2011 #9 of 10
    Brock

Brock Mentor

May 1, 2009
    Yeah I don't want to do movers. Kind of wanted to do this as a fun project for myself...

10. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Yes they do the same thing if you build a new home or have a renovation so large that you need a complete reinstall.

It's your money. SWM would be the easiest way to get setup however if your main home doesn't have a SWM then the account will not be SWM flagged. This means if you ever need a replacement you may get a non SWM compatible receiver and it won't work.

So for an equipment list you need to say how many TV's you have. If all the lines are in a central location or if you'll have to tie in at different spots, and how many dvr's.