1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Installing Dish on a DTV equipped house

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by dman535, Aug 8, 2010.

1. dman535

dman535 New Member

Aug 5, 2010
    The house we bought had Direct TV previously. The owner left the dish on the outside of the house. Will the new Dish Network setup take advantage of the previous mount or are we going to have to drill more holes in the house?

Anything from a new setup perspective I should be aware of? (receivers to stay away from, etc)

Thanks

Derek.-

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    What they can do depends on a couple of very important conditions:

1. Is the location suitable (does it have a clear view of the necessary satellites).

2. Is the mast the correct size (1-5/8" versus the new 2" mast).

Unless you make arrangements, usually they will install the new dish and leave the old dish where it is. In any case, the installer will not remove anything that is attached directly to a roof.

3. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    I had the same thing 7 months ago. They installed a new Dish in a new location (next to Direct). They ran very little and used the Direct wiring.

4. Satman858

Satman858 New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    They did not use my D-TV antenna either. They installed theirs in a different place.