1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Instantly available on DOD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by rebkell, Apr 9, 2009.

1. rebkell

rebkell Godfather

Sep 9, 2006
    Is there anywhere you can see what is available for watching instantly? I know the Movies are in the Playlist, but there are quite a few shows that get downloaded in the background, but I have to go scrolling through the lists to find the ones with the green checkmark.

Is there anyway to just list the shows/movies that we are able to Watch Now?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    :confused: isn't this what the movies now show you?

3. rebkell

rebkell Godfather

Sep 9, 2006
    No, that only shows the new PPV movies and a few odds and ends, there are a lot of things that are available instantly on demand, searching through the list here are a few examples of some HD Freebies, I watched US of Tara instantly for the last 4 or 5 weeks, but the last episode(12) seems to have been missed completely.

US of Tara S1:11 HD
    Tudors S3: 01 HD
    Tudors S3: 02 HD
    2009 Masters Preview
    2008 Masters Preview
    Good Luck Chuck
    The Masters Experience

4. arkmich

arkmich AllStar

Mar 7, 2007
    Is this really true, that on-demand content can download without request? I'm concerned about that, because I have my HR22 networked so I can media share, but I don't want it ever to download anything because I'm using a 3g internet connection with a 5GB monthly cap and if anything ever downloaded on its own I could be hit with very big overage charges. I've always assumed it would only download something if I requested it. Can anyone verify if networked DVRs actually initiate any non-requested downloads?

5. drx792

drx792 Icon

Feb 27, 2007

its not downloaded its recorded in the background from sat streams at odd times when your dvr is idle.