1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Integrate OTA antenna w/ DVR?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by pjmystic, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjmystic

pjmystic Mentor

Nov 15, 2007
    Is there a way to integrate an antenna w/ the DVR feature on the 622 or 722? I want to be able to record in HD if possible. Also, any recommendations for an antenna that would be sufficient? Also, can the 1 cable wire running to my HDTV now handle the antenna as well as the DVR/HD capabilities or will I need to run another cable?

Thanks

2. Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    Yes you can use an OTA antenna to receive local channel if you are reasonably close to the transmitting towers. Check antennaweb.com for your location. (Don't bother to check that site if you can see the towers, just connect a coat hanger)

You can diplex an OTA signal on the same cable and it will probably work but most people still recommend a separate cable. The 622/722 can record only digital signals OTA, not the old analog signals. This model receiver doesn't have an analog tuner so can't even see analog signals.

3. pjmystic

pjmystic Mentor

Nov 15, 2007
    Will I be able to use the DVR for these OTA channels? I will still be subscribing to the local channels through Dish as well.

4. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    Yes, you can record the OTA channels on the DVR.

5. Bradtothebone

Bradtothebone Godfather

Aug 11, 2003
    The OTA tuner is essentially "Tuner 3," so you can record 3 things at once!

Brad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.