1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Inteix source

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by wingrider01, Nov 7, 2008.

1. wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
    Anyone have a reputable internet dealer for the Intelix product line? Have a special project in mind for the house but want to run the connections as Cat 6/Cat 6 Shielded instead of normal cables.

have found a couple of places that carry the line but not to sure of their reputation and support.

Thanks

2. rudeney

rudeney Hall Of Fame

May 28, 2007
  3. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
  4. rudeney

rudeney Hall Of Fame

May 28, 2007
    B&H is a reputable e-tailer. I've bought more camera equipment from them than I'd like to admit. They have good prices with no "monkey business" like many of those "other" photography equipment dealers.

The only thing I will say is that Smarthome gets an A+ from me on customer service. They offer great tech support and have always been quick to replace any defective items. B&H has no real tech support, and the one time I did have a problem with an item, I had to deal with the manufacturer's warranty. Still, if the price is that much less at B&H, I'd not hesitate to order from them.

5. wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
    I have dealt with them before, unfortunately they do not have one of the products I need, they only carry the VGA-UHR, I need the VGA-UHR-F. Spoke to their support line, the two units are different.

Thanks though

6. wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
    Found what I was looking for at Cable Solutions, hopefully they are a decent dealer

7. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Another endorsement for B&H; for those who don't know, they are THE retailer that virtually all pro photographers and videographers use for all of their equipment, and they've been around for decades.

Be wary of most other NY-based camera shops. They are mostly scam operations that use fake low prices to get you to call, but they won't sell you anything unless you buy a bunch of crap accessories from them. They will also tell you that the low price they advertise doesn't include the "included" accessories, like batteries, lenses, chargers, etc.

Anyway, B&H are the good guys.

8. GirkMonster

GirkMonster Godfather

Mar 19, 2007
    I deal directly with Intelix in Madison, WI. They are exceptional to work with. I have known them since 1986 and they've never ever steered me wrong.