1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interactive TV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by bikspk, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bikspk

bikspk AllStar

Apr 16, 2007
    I know that this is not a "new" idea but, since we are dealing a relatively powerful computer with the HR20, would it be possible to program more "interactive" operations into it?

I was watching a soccer game this weekend and thought, wouldn't it be nice to see what the current standings are and wouldn't it be easy, along with other information related to the game, players and league, to package the information as some type of XML and slot it in with the rest of the broadcast?

If that was the case, you could even pass menu information as well such that when you pressed the "Info" button a menu would come up that you could navigate to see what you wanted.

Thoughts? Is this already in place somewhere and, if so, how did they implement it?

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Sure...

You have similar things with EI, NASCAR, Sunday Ticket, ect...
    As the Direct Kick package continues to grow, you will probably see something like that included.

3. bikspk

bikspk AllStar

Apr 16, 2007
    I hadn't thought of that. I guess that since it is already handled by the HR20 then it's a matter of getting content which should come in time.

4. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    As Earl noted, some of this type of thing is already available, and I'm sure you'll see more.

Me? I find a wireless laptop gives me more and better access to such info, should I desire it while watching the tube.

5. Mrpalmer420

Mrpalmer420 Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    YES intereactive is fantastic for this type of content. i've fallen in love with the bonus cam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.