1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting Conversation with Customer Care

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by sublime118, Mar 3, 2012.

1. sublime118

sublime118 Cool Member

Feb 25, 2012
    So a direct customer care supervisor just called me because of my crazy install I had this week. The most interesting part of the conversation was when I told her I originally ordered 1 H34 (HMC), 3 HDboxes, and 2 SD boxes and it was supposed to only be $99.00 total for all the equipment. That $99.00 was for theH34 (HMC). She said that was incorrect as you cannot get 6 receivers free from them. I said than why in the world can you go to the website and add 6 receivers to your cart and the total equipment cost is $99.00(H34). She said the actual price is not accurate until you run your social security number to find out what you qualify for. Incidentally when they ran my credit I qualified for every discount and rebate available including the 6 receivers. I have no credit issues what so ever so its not the case of me qualifying, she said no one qualifies.

Is there any truth to her statement? I got salty about it because if that is the case it is extremely misleading to potential customers.

BD

2. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Did you finalize your order at the website or end up calling in?

If at the website, it should have listed all you ordered and the total bill at the end.

If by telephone, well you just learned why I hate to do these kinds of things via phone! No way to prove your point or hold their hand to the fire! And yes, it is misleading!

Recently a potential Dish subscriber posted something similar. Said he had one price that was great UNTIL he went to the final screen and the price suddenly jumped.

Personally I have an answer whenever things like that happen in a sales cycle, it is called 'NO SALE'!

3. sublime118

sublime118 Cool Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I ended up calling the order in via phone. I asked the care associate to call me once they reviewed the tape and if they can play the tape to me and I agreed to something different than what I am saying I ordered I will pay double the money for it. I know without a fraction of a shadow of doubt that I ordered 1 h34, 3 HD boxes, and 2 SD boxes.

The order was repeated to me at least 4 times and it was correct up until the point that I got the confirmation email. I even repeated the process when I called back to fix it and again it was repeated to me several times. Then when the techs showed up they didnt have the equipment to install any of it.

Then they wanted me to pay for the receivers because I already submitted my rebates and was no longer considered a new customer because of that. Anyone else order 6 receivers and have to pay for 2?
    BD

4. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    I know this is 20/20 hindsight, but when the techs showed up unprepared with the right equipment, you should have called a halt to it right then and then made sure that everyone was on the same page as you. Seems the order to the techs wasn't what you ordered.

5. sublime118

sublime118 Cool Member

Feb 25, 2012
    It was not, but the tech supervisor told me this has happened before and it was easily fixed by a phone call. It worked out in the end with the equipment, but programming and rebates is an absolute train wreck. I think it is finally fixed after being on the phone with direct for 5+ hours this week. I am still wondering if what the rep told me earlier about no way to get 6 free receivers is true.