1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting find on a refurb unit...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by cktreadway, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cktreadway

cktreadway New Member

Sep 13, 2006
    I received a refurbished HR20 direct from DirecTV today as a replacement of the one of my two HR20's that had a bad tuner. I thought it was quite interesting after installing the unit to find that it still had the previous user's entire VOD list as well as his guide / local settings still installed. I thought that DirecTV would at least clear out the memory on the refurb units to give them the appearance of being new. Has anybody else experienced this yet?

2. Slyster

Slyster Icon

May 17, 2005
    That is UNREAL. Can they do that?

3. matto

matto Banned User

Sep 1, 2006
    i wonder what actually is 'refurbished' about these. seems to me they are simply 'used'.

4. franco

franco AllStar

Nov 6, 2003
    Same thing happened to me. The refurb they sent had movies and was setup for the 3 lnb oval dish? Did not even go through the initial setup routine!! However the unit they sent proved my problem was with the dish NOT the box, so the tech I had on the phone suggested I rehook my first box back up since it was new and not refurbished. I did, so I will be sending them back there refurb box.
    Frank

5. Alvin Nuckleglazer

Alvin Nuckleglazer Banned User

Oct 7, 2006
    most of the units returned as defective are actually having software or user error issues. thats why they just re-box them and ship them back out. at least they could format them before sending them out though.

6. Cobra

Cobra Icon

Aug 9, 2006
    same thing here, had movies on it, and was setup for 3lnb and even had the old owners zip code in for local channels. I wasnt receiving anything for my local channels, kept getting an error for my tuner on my old box, so far so good

7. brewer4

brewer4 DBSTalk Club Member

Aug 19, 2006
    They maybe fixing them but thats just bad not being wiped.

8. mtnagel

mtnagel Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2006
    Any good movies on there? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.