1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intermittent blue screen during Colts-Patriots game?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by The Big Bad, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 6, 2006 #1 of 13
    The Big Bad

The Big Bad Mentor

Aug 23, 2006
    Did anyone experience random blue screens (lasting a couple seconds) during last night's Colts-Patriots game? I'm in the LA market, so it was the local KNBC station. I did not experience this issue on other stations yesterday (ex. Dolphins-Bears game on local KCBS station, MLS game on HDNet, Dexter on Showtime HD).

2. Nov 6, 2006 #2 of 13
    hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    I watched it local OTA on my Sammy and there were no video problems at all, so that probably leaves out a national network problem.

3. Nov 6, 2006 #3 of 13
    LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Nope, not in Nashville. The NBC affiliate here was fine for the most part. Towards the end of the game during a commercial break and for about a minute afterwards, there were momentary audio dropouts lasting perhaps a second or two maybe every 15 seconds or so. After about two or three minutes those had stopped. Other than that we had no issues here.

4. Nov 6, 2006 #4 of 13
    cjordan6

cjordan6 Cool Member

Nov 2, 2006
    I experienced the same problem. It happened around 10 times throughout the game. It almost made the game unwatchable.

5. Nov 6, 2006 #5 of 13
    carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan Icon

May 18, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA
    I was watching the game on the MPEG2 NBC West feed on Channel 83. There were plenty of signal breakups, but that's normal for that channel. Were you watching on the MPEG4 LA local channel? I'm thinking while I was getting a signal breakup, you were getting a blue screen.

6. Nov 6, 2006 #6 of 13
    dcymbor

dcymbor New Member

Nov 6, 2006
    I got the exact same symptoms during the Pats/Colts game. I am also in the LA area.

7. Nov 6, 2006 #7 of 13
    netronin

netronin Cool Member

Oct 10, 2006
    I've had this happen a number of times, always while watching an HD football game on one of the mpeg4 locals. I reported it to D* but they found nothing out of the ordinary (shocker!). Switching back to the mpeg2 broadcast does not seem to experience the same issue so it seems to be mpeg4 related.

8. Nov 6, 2006 #8 of 13
    BillPear

BillPear Legend

Mar 7, 2006
    I had the same problems and swithed to my OTA and although there was not the blue screen, there were plenty of breakups. It appeared that NBC was having broadcast issues.

9. Nov 6, 2006 #9 of 13
    gsand

gsand Mentor

Oct 11, 2006
    Had it happen every 10 mins or so. I'm in Sherman Oaks. Anyone else in L.A. lose the signal for channels 72thru76 (approx) nightly around 7:30-ish??? I get a searching for signal message. It usually comes back around 8:30/9.

g

10. Gmaxx

Gmaxx Legend

Sep 25, 2006
    I watched the whole game across the country from you in Boston and did not experience even a hiccup during the broadcast.

11. Pakratt

Pakratt AllStar

Sep 17, 2006
    The audio dropout and blue screen seems to be the major problem that I experience with my HR20. It happens on all Mpeg 4 channels but it really was bad during the Colt-Patriot game. It only happen twice on Desperate Housewives.

12. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This is not an HR20 problem (in this case) While it's been documented most with HR20s in Los Angeles, check out this thread:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=69338

It's HR10s as well and one person I know had the problem with plain old OTA reception.

I've had the problem most often with NBC4 in Los Angeles and several times I've gone Picture-In-Picture with OTA on one side and MPEG4 feed on the other and seen the problem appear in both (time delayed appropriately.)

I've called D* and complained, I urge others to do the same. There's no way they'd know about local PQ problems unless we do.

13. rrwantr

rrwantr Mentor

Jul 7, 2004
    I had the same issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.