1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Intermittent PBS problem

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by lee635, Sep 9, 2010.

1. lee635

lee635 Hall Of Fame

Apr 17, 2002
    I am having a problem with the local PBS over-the-air channel. It will come in with a 65% signal for a while then go to zero, then back up to 65%.

I only get two channels over-the-air and the NBC channel comes in fine with a steady 65% signal strength.

It seems that rebooting the receiver seems to help, but maybe that's just wishful thinking?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Sounds like multipath interference. Can you turn the antenna 5 degrees or so one way or the other and see if the problem disappears or changes?

3. lee635

lee635 Hall Of Fame

Apr 17, 2002
    No, if I turn the antenna either way a few degrees, both channels go to zero. I am on a hill with lots of redwood trees and basically found a sweet spot where the signal comes in. In fact, I tried putting the antenna up 5 and 10 feet higher and completely lost the signal in all directions. I am just scratching my head about why the signal comes in and out, as it seems strong when it comes in. Maybe a tree blowing in the wind??? ;) Or maybe someone's wifi is interfering or something like that...I don't know.

Thanks for the reply.

4. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    By chance are you having a problem with KIXE PBS? Are you having this problem with a specific receiver?