1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Internal Drive adds with External On HR44?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by acostapimps, Jul 30, 2013.

1. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I just hooked up a 2tb drive that was previously on a HR22, and to my surprise I see all the recorded contents from the internal drive from the HR44 with empty EHD with 100 percent free space to record. Ain't it suppose to replace internal when connected?
    I can watch the original recorded contents from the 44 btw.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    It does replace it. Something isn't right. Sounds like the unit isn't seeing the external at all and is reporting available space incorrectly.

3. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Stupid of me, I was seeing the HR24's bedroom recorded shows via whole home, So it did recognize the EHD which is currently empty of course, sorry about that, but I will temporarily setup SL's to the HR24 since the external is not fully populated yet with logos and guide programs info.

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    hah, yeah that will do it too.