1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet connection made simple

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by gsslug, Jul 7, 2010.

1. gsslug

gsslug Legend

Sep 13, 2006
    As some of you may recall from my previous posts I stopped DTV from installing an internet connection when the installer said he would have to drill holes in my exterior walls. Then I began the adventure of getting a DECA free from DTV and having several of their employees during several phone calls all tell me I didn't need the power supply which of course I did as everyone here at DBSTalk told me.

Ordered the power supply from Solid Signal along with a "green label" splitter and finally got around to hooking it up today. I hooked it all up and went to Network and tested the connection. It said I was connected. I then did the repeat network connection (or whatever it said) and the next thing I know I've got a ton of on demand stuff in my guide but maybe it's been there all along because I never looked. It was almost to simple. But then again I haven't tried to download anything yet but probably will later tonight. That will be the true test.

One question. What are Network Services? I get a <202> error when I click on that.

2. xandor

xandor Legend

Nov 18, 2005
    I think I read somewhere else on these boards that they aren't being used (yet). I have the same error but no problems with either on demand, MRV or TVApps.

3. john18

john18 Active Member

Nov 21, 2006
    The advice from VeryOldSchool and others is that as long as your functions all work don't worry about the Network Services error.

4. gsslug

gsslug Legend

Sep 13, 2006
    MRV works. I'll try to download an On Demand program later tonight to make sure that's working properly. Don't know what all the TV apps are but right now implementing that is not high on my list of priorities.

5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Glad to hear that everything is working!

- Merg