1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Internet Explorer 11

Discussion in 'The OT' started by MysteryMan, Nov 12, 2013.

1. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    My PC was upgraded over night to Internet Explorer 11. I'm running Windows 7 Professional and have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (11.9.900.152). Since getting the IE 11 update I'm having problems when trying to view videos on Yahoo (getting message that I need to install Adobe Flash player) and the Quote feature no longer works on DBSTalk when I try using it. Anyone else experiencing these issues with IE 11?

2. twiseguy

twiseguy Legend

Jan 31, 2011
    Stow, Ohio
    I had issues with IE11 also. Had the same issue with Flash Player and my MSN portfolio manager quit working, kept telling me I needed to upgrade MS Silverlight. But I have the latest version. I uninstalled IE11 wich put me back on IE10, and everything is back to normal.(So far)

3. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    MysteryMan - I don't know if it is the same for Internet Explorer, but on my Firefox, there is a little icon/picture of a camera right up top on the address bar (on the left for me). I have to click on it when I am trying to view Flash. VOS had to tell me about it. I had no idea!!

4. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Did you check out DBStalk Chat? Every time my browser update, I check chat to see if that still works.

5. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    I should have known better! I installed it a couple of hours ago and had the quote problem here and a CPU/Memory 'Gadget' went to text boxes.

Un-installed - which only disables 11. Reboot.

No IE icons, no browser.

Use Firefox to download 10 again. Says it's already installed.

So I enable 11 and reboot.

6. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Wish I had run across this thread a few hours earlier.
    I too let IE11 update go through.

Chat works, quotes in the threads do not.

May be going back to IE10 soon.

7. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Someone reported that a couple of weeks ago. Have forgotten what they installed. But was reported that something about this forum need an upgrade for the quote bug to get fix.

I believe the reply came from Doug Brott that I'm unable to find.

8. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Until the issues are addressed I strongly recommend not downloading IE 11. It's Microsoft's greatest brain fart since Windows Millennium. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "newer isn't always better".