1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Internet streaming player for 722

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by quizzer, Dec 6, 2011.

1. quizzer

quizzer Icon

Aug 29, 2006
    Can you all recommend the best internet streaming player from Roku or Logitech Revue or Boxee Box or WD or Sony Google TV or Smart BD players?

I have VIP 722.

• Mainly for watching BBC World, CNN International, Youtube, Facebook etc.
    • No paid apps like Netflix or HULU or Amazon.
    • South Asian International channels from YuppTV or something similar

Are there any additional charges for connecting Revue or Roku with 722? Is it mandatory or optional? How can it be avoided?

Thanks

2. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    Selecting the best internet streaming player is somewhat subjective. It really is a completely separate issue from the 722. I thunk Roku makes a nice product. If you don't have a Blu Ray player yet, some of those also have a streaming applications built into them. The Sony BDP-BX58 and BDP-S580 are worth at least taking a look at. Also, if you can get one of the previous generation Roku boxes that have BOTH wifi and ethernet connection, that will give you more flexibility in connections.

3. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    The revue is pretty much your only choice if you want to integrate it with the 722. You don't have to pay extra if you can live without common search results for both internet and DVR. Personally, I would not attempt to integrate with the 722 as the previous poster said and just watch the box separately. I just connected an old PC to my tv and can stream anything I like. I stream paid apps from my blu-ray player.

4. quizzer

quizzer Icon

Aug 29, 2006
    Thank you both.

Is there an option to integrate or not to integrate given when the revue is connected to 722 for the first time?

i don't want the integration and the additional $4 charge.:)

5. Wilf

Wilf Legend

Oct 15, 2008
    Not an issue. There is no need to integrate, and it will work just fine.

6. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Just buy the Revue online for $99 and ignore the integration.