1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet through coax w/o MRV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Madtowner, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Madtowner

Madtowner New Member

Sep 14, 2011
    I do not currently have MRV. HR22-100 in family room, HR20-700 in master bedroom and H23-600 in computer room. Dish connected through SWM. I would like to have internet connected to all of the receivers, but would rather not go the wireless route. Would the following work: Add a DECA to each receiver and run an ethernet cable from the dsl modem/router directly to the DECA of the H23 (plus a second ethernet connection to the H23).

If this configuration works, what else would be required to have MRV up and working?

Thanks!

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    It's not a "good idea" to use a receiver in pass through mode, so adding another DECA [either a BB DECA or the wireless CCK] would be better.
    Depending on with SWiM you have, you may need to use a bandstop filter.
    Once all of this was done, to get MRV working would take a call to DirecTV to have it added to your account for $3/month.

3. Madtowner

Madtowner New Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Where/how would I connect the 2nd DECA/BB DECA? Also, what types of SWiMs are there? Is one of them a Duo?

Thanks!

4. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    To connect another DECA, you'd need to have an unused port on your splitter to connect the coax to feed it, add another splitter downstream, or if you went with the wireless CCK, it has a pass through mode which means it can be put "inline" with a receiver's SAT feed.

As for what type of SWiM: the older ones didn't have the BSF and the new ones that do, have a green sticker/label on them to indicate this.

This thread has some helpful pictures: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=177308