1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Invacom LNB Repairs

Discussion in 'FTA / Non Small Dish Satellite Area' started by thebigeazy, Nov 1, 2012.

1. thebigeazy

thebigeazy Cool Member

May 12, 2006
    South Louisiana
    Does anyone know who repairs satellite equipment. I purchased an Invacom LNB, and I'm not sure if its working properly.

Thanks

2. kenglish

kenglish Icon

Oct 2, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    Aren't those made in the UK?

What seems to be the problem? And, which model is it?

3. thebigeazy

thebigeazy Cool Member

May 12, 2006
    South Louisiana
    It is model INVACOM SNH-031, universal-single. It has "Made in China" on the label. The Invacom website hasn't responded to an email I sent last week.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I would check it first, before call for a fix.

5. kenglish

kenglish Icon

Oct 2, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    Be sure that you have things set up correctly in the receiver's menu....

That's a Universal LNBF, so you need to be sure that the 22 KHz tone is "on" when trying for most of the domestic satellites. They run 11.700 to 12.200 GHz, so the tone is needed, to set for the "high" band signals.
    Also, the Universal LNBF's may use an odd Local Oscillator frequency....in this case, it's 10.600 GHz. Some receivers will automatically set themselves for that frequency when in "Universal" mode, many won't...you'll have to set that manually, from a list, or one-button-at-a-time entry.