1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

iOS 6 and 7 users - important security update

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by dpeters11, Feb 22, 2014.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Apple has released iOS 6.1.6 and 7.0.7, fixing a security issue with secure websites. Apple hasn't released much info, but from what I've seen this is a pretty stupid bug, and is severe.

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Yeah, it's an SSL fix. Apparently without the fix your iOS device is susceptible to a "man in the middle attack".

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I don't know about iOS6... but iOS 7.06 was released... I just downloaded it yesterday.

4. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Got 7.0.6 last night after I saw the notice about it on Engadget. Did a iPhone 5 and iPad Air no problem, then started another iPhone 5 and iTunes on my PC crashed par way through the update. Spent the next hour then recovering the botched update but eventually that and another iPad Air updated fine.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    You're right, typo 7.0.6.

From what it looks like, there were to goto fail commands in a row, which means everyone's phone went to the fail section.