1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iOS6 Sunday Ticket App Crashing over 3G or LTE

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by jasonblair, Sep 24, 2012.

1. jasonblair

jasonblair Icon

Sep 5, 2006
    There is a discussion of this over in the General forum, but I think this forum is more accurate.

It appears that the Sunday Ticket App crashes quite often in iOS6 when people press "Watch Live," and are streaming from a 3G/4G network. (People using Wi-fi don't seem to be reporting this problem.) My wife had this problem when trying to watch the Eagles/Cardinals game over an AT&T LTE connection on her iPhone 5 yesterday. When she'd click "Watch Live," the app would crash, and her phone's main home screen would come back up. She had to uninstall and reinstall the app a few times to get it to work.

Also, the video doesn't fill up the whole screen on an iPhone 5. There is black all the way around the image, on all four sides. No way to get it to zoom in to fill the screen, at least that I could see.

Anyone else having this problem, please report!

Thanks! :)

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    The app not filling the whole screen is an iPhone 5 thing. The app needs to be redesigned to take into account the larger screen of the iPhone 5. Apps that are not redesigned will have the blocking on each side instead of "stretching" the screen.

- Merg

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I've been told that the issue has been identified and DIRECTV staff are literally working as quickly as possible to get that fix out to you all before the weekend.