1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ios7.0

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by B Newt, Sep 20, 2013.

1. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    I just got it installed on my iPhone. Now I can't figure out how to clear conversation in the text message section. I don't see any way to delete a text message.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

2. Karen

Karen Godfather

Oct 4, 2007
  3. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    Thanks for the info. I still prefer the old way to do the deletions.

4. Herdfan

Herdfan DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    It is still a horrible "upgrade". My secretary was not a happy camper today as she spent several hours reentering my contacts in a "new" phone with iOS 6 on it. Seems you can't install a backup made on 7 back on 6. :(

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    It is still a horrible "upgrade". My secretary was not a happy camper today as she spent several hours reentering my contacts in a "new" phone with iOS 6 on it. Seems you can't install a backup made on 7 back on 6. :(
    of course you can.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

6. Joe Tylman

Joe Tylman Legend DBSTalk Club

Dec 13, 2012
    Actually you cannot. Once you have gone to iOS7 you need to stay on that for your backups to work. There was a loophole but it was closed. You have never been able to restore a backup from a newer ios to an older one that wasn't a beta.

7. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Maybe not but you could still sync all your contacts to iCloud and get all your info there that way. And sounds more like she wasn't happy because you didn't like it for some reason. Why?

8. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Actually you cannot. Once you have gone to iOS7 you need to stay on that for your backups to work. There was a loophole but it was closed. You have never been able to restore a backup from a newer ios to an older one that wasn't a beta.
    of course there is no way to downgrade to a lower iOS once Apple stop signing them. so if you went from BETA iOS 7 to a signed iOS6, you could restore from a back up