1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

iPad app and genie go

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by graymd74, Dec 26, 2013.

1. graymd74

graymd74 Mentor

Jun 13, 2008
    I have been in a temp apt for about 8 months and just moved to my new house a week ago. While I was in the temp pst I didn't have a network connection to my directv whole home so I didn't use the iPad app for directv. Now that I'm set up I noticed that I can no longer stream recorded shows to my iPad app from my DVRs. Do I now have to get the genie go to be able to do this? All recorded shows say they aren't available on the iPad at this time. Do I have to pay $150 to regain functionality I had a while back?

Thanks for the help and sorry if this has been asked and answered. I looked but couldn't find an answer.

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    in order to stream your playlist you must have a GenieGo. not sure what you were doing before, since you said

3. graymd74

graymd74 Mentor

Jun 13, 2008
    What I meant was, while in the temp apt I didn't use the app. I had used the app for years before I moved. Sorry for not being clear. Now that I have internet access for my directv set up I thought I could continue to steam like I used to, but it looks like I have to get the additional equipment.

4. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    you can still stream, but not your playlist. this has never been possible without the GenieGo

5. graymd74

graymd74 Mentor

Jun 13, 2008
    Guess I was using the desktop app. Been a while since I tried to make it work. Thanks for the clarification.

6. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Yes, it could have been (it MUST have been) the DirecTV2PC app