1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

iPad app no longer sees DVRs

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by thekochs, Jan 2, 2012.

1. thekochs

thekochs DirecTV 10yr+ Customer

Oct 7, 2006
    My iPad app was working fine and now does not see my static IP DVRs. Has anything changed ?

2. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I just fired up my iPad 2 app, and it took me through the validation steps, so is it possible it wanted a 'Net connection briefly and it wasn't available then?

What message(s) do you get? Try powering off the iPad if no joy on retry.

Also pretty sure there's an existing thread that this might be merged into....

3. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Are you sure your iPad is on your home network, not a neighbors or a 3G signal?

4. Sim-X

Sim-X Godfather

Sep 23, 2009
    I haven't had any problems with mine especially since your static you should be good to go. I would unplug your router, boxes & shut wi-fi off on ipad. Boot router up first, then boot your irds wait till they are online check to make sure they are connected to the network. Turn wi-fi radio back on and try again, you could also try reinstalling the ipad app will clear out any cache. Good Luck

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    you dug up over a month old post here...

6. btk89

btk89 Cool Member

Oct 8, 2011
    When connected to your home network go to iPad wifi settings and change your dns address to 8.8.8.8

This did the trick for me as soon as I did it