1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

IR Repeater for HR34

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by toobs, Apr 22, 2013.

1. toobs

toobs Legend

Oct 10, 2012
    Can I plug in an IR repeater in the back in my HR34 to extend the signal to the remote?

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I haven't had any luck with doing it. The HR34s do have a wiring diagram of how the plug is supposed to work but I've tried it and it hasn't. You're better off either changing it to RF mode or getting something like the NextGen remote extender that works with a blaster.

3. toobs

toobs Legend

Oct 10, 2012
    Ahhh, I already bought an extender and I thought that I would give it a try. I should had waited before ordering.

4. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I just answered your other duplicate post on same subject. Maybe MODs can combine them