1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is 4900 still supported?

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by peridigm, Jan 21, 2008.

1. peridigm

peridigm Cool Member

Aug 6, 2007
    I figured I would ask here since every time I call Dish I hangup in a bad mood. A friend gave me two receivers and a single dish 500 new in the box. I will keep the dish and accessories for spare parts. My question is, can I call Dish and activate the 4900 and use it as a spare receiver? This past weekend my 622 died and I am without Dish until the replacement comes. It would be nice to have a spare on hand when it happens again.

2. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    They will activate it, but it may not work with your existing dish configuration. The 4900 is legacy. Since you have a 622 you likely have some form of DishPro LNB/switch. Tell us what your receiver shows in Menu-6-1-CheckSwitch-Summary.

3. peridigm

peridigm Cool Member

Aug 6, 2007
    That will have to wait a few days as the only receiver I have died over the weekend.

4. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    Do the LNBs have a dp logo?

5. UGAChance

UGAChance AllStar

May 18, 2007
    Dish still supports and maintains the 4900. If yours is not been hooked up in a long time... It may not be able to get anything because too many changes in the sats and such over the years.

Just try it. Even if it is not authorized channel 101 is in the clear. You should be able to goto it after running Check Switch.

I am running a 4900 off a DPP44 Switch with a Dish 1000.1 w/ Twin and a Dual LNB. It shows up as a Legacy SW64 Switch.

6. peridigm

peridigm Cool Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Finally got my replacement 622 hooked up this evening. Any links that explain what I need to install an additional receiver to my current single receiver setup?

7. UGAChance

UGAChance AllStar

May 18, 2007
    How can we do that unless you tell us what your setup is?

Dish, LNBs, Switch?!?!?!

8. mattfast1

mattfast1 Legend

Mar 26, 2008
    All receivers made by Dish are still supported.

With the exception of the 2000 that they killed off. The only troubleshooting for that receiver is "RA the receiver". I'd love to get one of those... easy call.