1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is 5 LNB dish required for 100+ HD channels?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by wheelswagz, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheelswagz

wheelswagz DBSTalk Club Member

Nov 29, 2006
    I remember hearing previously that a 5 LNB dish is required for the upcoming new HD channels and satellites. Is this true? Do I need to start haggling with D*TV to get a new 5 LNB dish? If so, does anyone have any suggestions on the best and cheapest way to go about getting a 5 LNB dish installed?

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Yes. It is required.

3. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    The 5lnb dish is required for all HD locals and all new HD programming upcomming in 90 days or so. It is not just the dish, you will also need either a H20 or an HR20 DVR as they are the only recievers capable of recieving the MPEG4 signals that the new dish can pick-up. You need to contact D* for an upgrade.
    Just read you have an HR, you are good to go.

4. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    ....and the Zinwell WB68 multi-switch.

5. convem24

convem24 Icon

Mar 11, 2007
    wheelzwag - what HD receivers do you currently have? If you don't have a H20 or HR20 you need either one to get the additional HD channels. Typically the installs are tied to equipment costs. So if you get a H20 (99 most places, Costco has them for 85). So with a H20 upgrade you get a 5 LNB install free. If you already have a H20 them you need to talk to a CSR to get them to give you a free installation.

6. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    The dish and installation are free with an "upgrade" to an MPEG4 capable receiver. Note that this process requires you to agree to subscribing to a qualifying package for 24 months.

7. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    When I got my 5 LNB dish installed that was all I got done at the time and it was a free install. I bought my H20's from a retail store.

8. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Your sig says you have an HR20 already. You should have gotten the 5 LNB dish when you got the HR20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.