1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Ergen waiving the one year commitment?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by SPENCER, Jan 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPENCER

SPENCER Cool Member

Dec 18, 2003
    Read somewhere that Ergen at CEA talked about waiving the one year programming commitment for new customers. Is this true? Or is he simply going to make customers pay more up-front, then rebate the cost of the equipment over one year (which essentially means no change).

Thanks

S

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    That's the way I've been paying for the past 10 months. Bought the dish and receivers myself and got a per month credit on my bill which over the first year will pay me back for the equipment. And if I cancelled I would only lose my remaining equipment credits.

JL

3. Chris Freeland

Chris Freeland Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    No Charlie is talking about the new Dish Home Advantage lease plan without a monthly lease fee, along with no 1 year commitment. As long as they sub to at least AT60 or DL or above, the use of the equipment is free and their monthly rate is the same as those of us who own are equipment. Customers of this new DHA plan can cancel at anytime, if they do all they need to do is return the equipment, without any penalty. Sweet deal for new subs who can qualify, probably have to have perfect credit and a credit card to qualify.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.