1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Is Genie (HR-44) compatible with Directv2PC

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by vicbyrd, Jul 10, 2013.

1. vicbyrd

vicbyrd New Member

Sep 26, 2007
    Getting ready to upgrade my HR-24's and wanted to know if anyone is using Directv2PC with their Genie setup. I'm using a hard wired network - no wireless (in case that matters).

Edit - Just spoke with customer retention and they said Directv2PC IS compatible. Ordered my upgrade (1 Genie and 2 clients) for free and received a $15/month discount for 15 months. I did have to "sign" the 2 year contract. I have been a customer since 2000.

2. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Directv2PC does work with both Genies. . . IMHO I would have kept the 24 in lieu of one of the genie clients.

And Welcome to DBSTalk!!

3. VandyCWG

VandyCWG Godfather

Dec 18, 2006
    when i upgraded to a free genie, i did keep one hr24, as a backup recorder.

LOVING MY GENIE!

4. Starrbuck

Starrbuck Legend

Jun 25, 2004
    DFW, TX
    We love ours too and kept an HR-24 as well as the backup recorder. Good to know it works with Directv2PC too, thanks!