1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Is HBO available On Demand?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Cavicchi, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Cavicchi

Cavicchi Legend

Oct 28, 2008
    Effort, PA
    I am interested to know if HBO is available On Demand and if it is, how about their Sunday series shows like True Blood and Game of Thrones?

2. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Yes, channel 1501;

And I'm seeing True Blood Seasons 1-6

and Game of Thrones Seasons 1 and 2

Listed right now.

1 person likes this.
  3. jagrim

jagrim Hall Of Fame

Aug 25, 2006
    I am interested to know if HBO is available On Demand and if it is, how about their Sunday series shows like True Blood and Game of Thrones?

Yes, and it is also available on HBOGo.

1 person likes this.
  4. Cavicchi

Cavicchi Legend

Oct 28, 2008
    Effort, PA
    Thanks guys!

5. flaktastic

flaktastic New Member

Oct 13, 2012
    You should be able to watch any HBO series on their On-Demand channel or Go except for Lucky Louie or Carnivale. For some reason those two aren't available. Contact issue or something like that.

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    watching the Sopranos, Season 3 now. yes I know I am behind

7. hbrocks

hbrocks New Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Hi fellas...
    let me piggy-back here with some HBO questions....
    So.......we do not have HBO on our account...
    Is this what HBO on demand is for...people like myself who don't want to pay the full-blown price of HBO but rather get it piece-meal?

I'm interested in
    -Boardwalk Empire
    and
    -NFL Hard knocks....

Thanks for taking the time to help educate me!

hb

8. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Hi fellas...
    let me piggy-back here with some HBO questions....
    So.......we do not have HBO on our account...
    Is this what HBO on demand is for...people like myself who don't want to pay the full-blown price of HBO but rather get it piece-meal?

I'm interested in
    -Boardwalk Empire
    and
    -NFL Hard knocks....

Thanks for taking the time to help educate me!

hb

No. Hbo on demand is extra programming for hbo customers.

9. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    On demand is an extension of what you already subscribe to. PPV is where you may get something that you don't otherwise subscribe to.

10. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    If that would be the case, who would pay $17.00 for HBO a month?

11. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Since some VOD is lo-def, some would by the fee just to get HD. But your point is made.

12. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    on this particular case, we are referring to HBO, which IIRC has everything HD. when it comes to the "regular" networks, then I would understand your point. Although not sure they networks would agree as well.

13. ticmxman

ticmxman Legend

Aug 27, 2007
    Since some VOD is lo-def, some would by the fee just to get HD. But your point is made.

With HBO on demand is there any difference in HD quality with the watch now vs record options? Which is best?
    What is the feed for on demand, is it satellite or Internet? I would like to know in the event of potential rain fade issues.

14. hbrocks

hbrocks New Member

Sep 29, 2011
    got it....!
    looks like I'm gonna have to make one of them "what can you do for a long time customer" phone calls soon.....!

Thanks

15. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    I do not believe that past seasons of Hard Knocks is available on HBO On Demand or HBO to Go.

16. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    they don't, i think think the NFL Network have the right to them

17. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I prefer recording anything on demand, but I have a slow connection. It comes via internet.
    As to which is best, you need to experiment yourself, as mileage and opinions vary.

18. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    Those two are actually available on HBO On Demand and HBO GO.

1 person likes this.
  19. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    With HBO on demand is there any difference in HD quality with the watch now vs record options? Which is best?
    What is the feed for on demand, is it satellite or Internet? I would like to know in the event of potential rain fade issues.

Depends on if you pick the fast download versus the higher quality. I'd give satellite a bit better in either case but almost unnoticeable for higher quality download. I have noticed some flatter color on download and some jutter on the fast. All are acceptable.

HBO on demand is all Internet. Some of the on demand movies are pre loaded to your dvr via satellite. Those are all PPV.

20. mrdobolina

mrdobolina AllStar

Aug 28, 2006
    A Mile High
    If I recall correctly from when we had HBO (unsubscribed in April), In Treatment was also not available On Demand or via HBOGO.