1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is HD install required before MRV?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by flaguy, May 19, 2010.

1. flaguy

flaguy AllStar

Apr 10, 2008
    I have a standard Tivo DVR and standard receiver. I was told by a DirecTV rep that an HD DVR & receiver must be in place before an order can be placed for MRV. I want the HD stuff, but it seems odd that they would require 2 installs instead of doing it all at the same time. Does anyone know if this is accurate? Thanks in advance.

2. jpitlick

jpitlick Icon

Apr 19, 2007
    D*'s system probably doesn't let them create an order for Connected Home if the account doesn't have supported receivers/DVRs. In reality, you should be able to schedule both orders to be installed by the same installer at the same time. It will just show as two separate orders on your account.

3. fiendz666

fiendz666 AllStar

Oct 6, 2006
    From what I understand, you have to have HD and DVR service before you can order MRV. I'm assuming if you're upgrading to HD, that would be one install and then a separate install for MRV. In other words, I don't think they will bundle both installs into the price for MRV. Probably 2 different charges.

Some of the others more knowledgable on this can give you a better response.

4. Jared701

Jared701 Legend

Sep 9, 2008
    I only had one box on my account (HD DVR) and did mover's connection adding boxes. They told me I absolutely could not schedule MRV install until I had 2 boxes activated. The installer came today showed up today and asked about the instructions on my install (I asked for HR24s and H24s) and I told him I was going to order the MRV as soon as he left as they would not let me order it before. He said he could do that install as he set up the rest of it today and that was actually the only way I could get the H24s. They only charged me $25 for the MRV install and it sounds like I should be getting the new boxes.

5. flaguy

flaguy AllStar

Apr 10, 2008
    Jared,

Do you mean that they did the install or just scheduled it with the MRV also scheduled at the same time? You said you thought that means you might get the Hx24s. That sounds like you don't have them yet. Also, are they charging you for the hardware upgrade or just that $25 for MRV?

6. bww

bww Legend

Feb 15, 2006
    I only have sd equipment and called yesterday to order MRV. They basically said I need everything!
    I am getting 3 HD DVRs to replace two old sd dvrs and new dish and whole home set up with internet.
    It is all on one order.
    Hoping to receive hr24s but will be happy with what I get.

7. flaguy

flaguy AllStar

Apr 10, 2008
    How much did they charge for that full setup?

8. Jared701

Jared701 Legend

Sep 9, 2008
    They did the install. It wasn't over so I wasn't 100% positive about the HR24 and H24. I did receive them. I was adding new receivers, not upgrading old ones. I paid for the receivers and they gave me one deca and did the install for $25. The installer did not know how to connect it into my home network though so I'm having to call again and see what I can get now.

9. bww

bww Legend

Feb 15, 2006
    It was $298 then tax and handling made it $348. I have been a customer since the 90s and this is really the first equipment I have gotten from Directv.