1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IS it OK to Send Unsolicited Emails If...

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Geronimo, Dec 23, 2005.

IS political spam OK

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Only if done by a candidate or party I support

14 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    ...you happen to be the state attorney general and are running for Governor. In this case the potential governor has been championing anti spam measures but insists that his emails do not violate them becaue they are not "deceptive."

I dsilike spamm and spammers. I don't care for this. Read all about it and decide for yourself.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051223/od_nm/email_dc

2. Milk_tec

Milk_tec Legend

Dec 5, 2005
    Not if you include this at the bottom of the email.

We respect your Online Privacy. This is not an unsolicited mail. Under Bills.1618 Title III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this mail cannot be considered Spam as long as we include Contact information and a method to be removed from our mailing list. If you are not interested in receiving our e-mails then please reply with a "REMOVE" in the subject line at 'xxx@xxxx.com' and mention all the e-mail addresses to be removed with any e-mail addresses, which might be diverting the e-mails to you. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

3. bobsupra

bobsupra Work In Progress DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 12, 2002
    What should be added is, "But of course, since we now know you have a valid email address, we will send you solicitations for contibutions, because we can do what we want."

4. ntexasdude

ntexasdude Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2005
    Exactly Bob, never but never but never reply to any sort of spam.

I say death to spammers (or maybe just life without parole)!

5. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I would never advise anyone to respond to unsolicited emails in anyway. That includes responding to indicate a desire to unsubscribe. It tells the spammer that the email address is valid and invites more spam from that source anyone they sell their lists to.

as for capital punishment for spammers---it's tempting. Very tempting.

6. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    I like it!! A poll to see if we're awake. I think any spammer should have their finger nails pulled out one by one while be forced to listen to Donny Osmond music.

John

7. pjmrt

pjmrt Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2003
    tempting true, but I prefer an eternal hell of them reading email after email until their delete finger has carpal tunnel.....

I really dislike spam, it doesn't matter if its deceptive or just trying to be informative. Its a waste of my time and I really don't have that much surplus time to waste. If I want on an email distribution, I ask specifically for that. And when it no longer suits me, I have it discontinued. The reputable ones work that way and work just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.