1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Is It Possible To Convert The DISH722K TV2 To Infrared Remote Control?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Jim148, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    I have a DISH 722k, which has an infrared remote control for TV 1 and UHF for TV 2. I know that http://www.amazon.com/Dish-Network-Remote-Control-Upgrade/dp/B001269BW4 ther are kits to convert infrared to UHF, but are there also kits to switch TV2 to infrared? The reason I ask is because I have a SlingBox PRO-HD connected to the 722k. I have both TV 1 and TV 2 connected to it. I know that I can't change channels on TV 2 with the SlingBox PRO-HD because it controls the 722k with the IR commands. I do also have a DISH Sling for TV 2, but if I could somehow give the Sling PRO-HD full control over the DSIH 722k, that might be better in my case because the PRO-HD has some features that the Sling adapter doesn't offer.

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
  3. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    Thank you for that. I thought I did Google it, but maybe I didn't use the correct terms. What would be great is if it possible to have it respnd to BOTH infrared AND UHF, but I ahve a hunch it is an either/or situation!