1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Is it possible to make the font bigger on the guide ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by richzilla, Oct 20, 2013.

1. richzilla

richzilla Cool Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Iowa
    As I get older and my eyes are starting to go :)

I find it difficult at times to read the guide.

Is it possible to make the font larger ?

Thanks

2. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I don't think so. I think you can only change the appearance of Closed Captioning. But perhaps there is a way on the actual TV menu instead of the DTV receiver's menu?

3. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    Bwa, ha, ha ha!

Get a bigger TV!

Going serious for a second, make sure the source resolution is set appropriately for your TV, see how dusty the screen is, check the TV pictures control; sometimes if sharpness is set too high it can really smear the lettering on some TVs

I have bifocals, and I have been known to stretch out visits to the optometrist because I really hate getting used to a new prescritption, so if you need to do that, I know what your feeling there.

4. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    That's another of our frequently ask request.

One of these days, they're going to put in some customized preset options for Guide color, screen size, text size, etc.

5. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Also, make sure you're going to the Guide while watching a HD station, otherwise the Guide is in SD, and very poor.

With out being smartass, can you comfortably move closer to the set?

6. richzilla

richzilla Cool Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Iowa
    Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I just was in hopes we could make the text bigger.

Maybe one day :)

7. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Don't hold your breath. If they haven't given those options for 7 years now they aren't planning to.

8. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    +1

9. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    Back in the bad old days, the Optimus DirecTV box had 2 different text sizes for the guide.

Unfortunately, it was all lo-def and 27 inch TVs then and it was still a problem.

10. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    I had that problem too and my Optometrist recommended cataract surgery. Had it done and now my eyes are 25/30 with no glasses. I don't know if you're old enough for that but just a thought.