1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to run 2 vip622 receivers?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by hazy-n-lazy, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hazy-n-lazy

hazy-n-lazy New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    I was told by Dish sales that I couldn't have 2 vip622 receivers on the same system. The installer said that I can. I just had it installed yesterday and want at least one more for my other hdtvs. How many can you have on the same dish? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. 7ferrari

7ferrari New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    I don't see why you can't. I'm running my 921 and my 622 together. You have to have a quad box on the dish, and you have to have two inputs on your TV or have to have two tv's. I run both on one tv which gives me the ability to record 4 programs at once, and the ability to watch either DVR just by changing the input on the tv.

3. skyviewmark1

skyviewmark1 Godfather

Sep 28, 2006
    Look at my signature.. 2 622's a 625 and a 522.. There really is no limit except your wallet

4. hazy-n-lazy

hazy-n-lazy New Member

Apr 13, 2007

I actually saw that and that's why I asked. Do you have to buy the other one or will they let you lease it? Thanks.

5. msalvail

msalvail Legend

Sep 19, 2003
    I have 2 leased 622s on my system but I have been with E* for years. If you are a new customer, that may be why she told you that. You can lease one but will probably have to purchase the 2nd one.

6. hazy-n-lazy

hazy-n-lazy New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    OK. I just got off the phone with Dish. They said I could upgrade my 322 to a 622 for $159 shipped/leased and that I can have 2 on the same system. Done deal!!! Thanks for the help. =]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.