1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it that time of year signal goes out?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mika911, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mika911

mika911 Godfather

May 1, 2006
    The past couple mornings (mid/late morning) I've tried to record a couple morning shows, and only the first half records. Actually the bar at the bottom shows the full hour, but then when it gets about halfway, it asks me, if I want to delete the show.

This happened to me on "Martha" recorded on 382 and "Good Day LA" recorded on 389.

Is it that time of year where sun goes behind satellite, and it goes out for a few minutes?

Thanks.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Yes, see the link in my signature below. You can calculate the exact time & date for each satellite when the sun will sweep across the sky behind the geosynchronous satellites. It's not until early October, though, so something else is wrong with your reception.

3. mika911

mika911 Godfather

May 1, 2006
    Thanks on the popular DBS forum from several years ago people claim that some of these national channels 380-389 have been going out, so hopefully it is directv issue and not mine. I'll read up on the info in your sig to prepare for october. thanks.

4. RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv Icon

Jul 24, 2007
    Not only has it not happened yet, it always happens in mid to late afternoon. Think about it. To go in front of the sun with the antenna facing west, it has to happen when the sun is in the west; mid to late afternoon depending on where you live.

SMK

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    mika911, with the odd weather we've been having in Southern California (where Good Day LA is shown ;)) I suspect your dish might be a little out of alignment and you're getting rain fade. It's rare here because it never rains, except today of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.