1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IS NBC HD Activated Yet?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by pvm21, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvm21

pvm21 New Member

Sep 8, 2004
    I see the east and west coast stations in the channel guide but I don't get the picture - just the standard "contact x721 on the bottom of the screen"

2. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...

Yes, they've been active for a couple of weeks now. You should call D*, you probably don't qualify if they didn't turn them on automatically for yor.

3. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    please do a search before posting a question that has been answered quite a few times already.

4. Elryzor

Elryzor New Member

Oct 7, 2004

I already get CBS HD but DTV CS refused to add NBC. They submitted a waiver application for me.

On another call a few days later I had a CS rep tell me that it wasn't possible that I was getting CBS HD. He was quite insistant. I offered to play HD recordings from CBS for him to listen to (the commercials from CBSE) but he wasn't interested.

5. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    You'd only get NBC HD if you are in an NBC O&O market just like you get CBS HD if you are in an CBS O&O market. They are not the same.

You'd also get them if you qualify for distants or have a waiver from your local station.

Most like your CBS is O&O and your NBC is not. That simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.