1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is RTN coming to Southern California DirecTV?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by konfusion, Jan 6, 2009.

1. konfusion

konfusion Mentor

Jan 27, 2008
    Is RTN coming to Southern California DirecTV? a bunch of shows i want to see that are on it

2. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    If it is on a digital sub-channel as it is here in Atlanta, chances are NO!

I would love to see RTN create a national feed and distribute it to places such as DirecTV. Since local affiliates customize their own programming choices, a national feed would not step on toes and would bring true classic TV back to those who want it.

Sad part is there have been reports that RTN's new owners (Luken Media) are engaged in some form of legal battle with their former owners (Equity Broadcasting) and RTN could suffer because of it.

3. Wisegoat

Wisegoat Icon

Aug 16, 2006
    There was a rumor that KDOC 56 was going to start showing it on their sub-channel 56.3. Don't know that anybody really knows anything about it at this time.

They might as well make it their main signal. They don't show anything but old Saved By The Bell reruns anymore anyway. The one and only time that they showed something in HD was during the NCAA tournament last year. They used it as an overflow channel for the UCI game.

4. konfusion

konfusion Mentor

Jan 27, 2008
    o damn that sucks.. some 80s shows i really wanted to see again

5. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    KAZT in Phoenix has it on their 7.2 sub channel, but for some reason my HR20 is giving me the searching for signal message since they switched it from a simulcast of 7.1.