1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Is Select (not Select Classic) still available?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jeffgbailey, Feb 1, 2013.

1. jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey Legend

Feb 28, 2008
    OK I'm confused
    I called Directv today to see about cutting down on my bill programming wise. Wanted something lower than Entertainment
    So I talk to a CS rep who said I needed to speak to retention....OK
    Rep tells me about Select. says its $41.99 and asks what channels I watch. Said A&E and History for sure. She says A&E is available but not History and she offered to send me a e-mail with the channel list. So the list I get is this
    http://cdn.directv.com/cms2/support...p.pdf?cmp=emc-rescus-cus-rio-en-selectchannel
    (the link is from the e-mail I got)
    Which shows History IS included. I look on the D* site and find this about Select
    http://cdn.directv.com/cms2/support/20120418_select_channel_lineup.pdf
    no History or a few others.

So I call back to D* and speak to a very knowledgeable CS rep who mentions there are TWO Select packages. 41.99 for Classic and 44.99 for Select which includes ABC Family, Animal Planet, Food Network, Gospel Music Channel, Hallmark Channel, History, Lifetime, Lifetime Movie, Nick Jr, Pursuit, RFDTV, H2, Bio and GAC. She says they as CS reps can't change me over to it and I'd need to speak to retention but the retention rep did note the account that they offered it (Select for 41.99) to me.

So now....is SELECT (not Classic) available still through retention?

2. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    No. Select is an expired package that went away on February 9, 2012. Select Classic is still available as it was in the past. The only way to add the original Select package is if it was on the account recently and can be reinstated. If someone is still on the Select package, it will increase to 46.99 on February 7. The Select Classic package will increase to 43.99. They still have the option to send an email on the Select package(no idea why) but no information can be sent for the Select Classic package unless a supervisor sends you a personal email.

3. jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey Legend

Feb 28, 2008
    bummer...thanks for the info