1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Is the 622 still a current model?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by ccalato, Jan 1, 2013.

1. ccalato

ccalato New Member

May 15, 2008
    My 622 just died and they are sending a replacement. The CSR claimed it would be new not refurbed but it doesn't look like it is offered on their site any more. Is it possible they would just send a 722?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    less likely. but who knows ...

3. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    They wouldn't send a 722 for a 622 replacement unless they were completely out of 622 which they are not. Replacements are like for like. To get a 722/722k you would need to do an upgrade.

4. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    You will get a refurb even a 722/722K would probably be a refurb. Look at the tag on the back of the receiver.

5. ccalato

ccalato New Member

May 15, 2008
    Refurbed 622 is what came like you guys said. If it was actually refurbed it was done poorly. The display was distorted, like the resolution was wrong, but since I couldn't see anything I couldn't change it, if that was the problem. The CSR I talked to couldn't figure it out either. They sent out a service guy who said it was because my TV was not 16x9 (it is). I'm guessing he was trying to say the resolution was wrong but he couldn't fix it. He ended up giving me a 722. He said it was my lucky day because they usually do not have the OTA module in them. I'm guessing they are removed during refurb based on what he said. Anyway, I'm back in business but going 5 days without pay TV has only made me more interested in dropping TV service all together. There is nothing I couldn't live without, I don't think. The kids might be bothered for a while but they would probably get over it. The only real problem would be my wife who seems to need to watch football. We might both be over the NHL at this point.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    check local channels by OTA using ATCS tuner in your TV. You will be surprised how many station is out there with sport events.

7. ccalato

ccalato New Member

May 15, 2008
    Thanks. I had an antenna attached to the 622 so I required OTA capability on the new receiver, that's why he said it was my lucky day I guess. I have the antenna in my attic and I get all the Chicago stations and some out of Rockford.