1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Is the -700 the Only HR20 that D* Sells?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by Elling, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elling

Elling Mentor

Dec 23, 2006
    Kenmore, WA
    Sorry for the n@@b question but my head is starting to hurt from attempting to assimilate tons of new info. I want the HR20 with a built-in DVR. Is this model called the HR20-700? Is this currently the only one that DTV will "sell" me? Are other variants of the HR20 (e.g. -500, -399 etc.) available? Are they any good? Is the HR20-700 the current state-of-the-art?

Thanks for the help!:)

2. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    Pace (700) is the only manufacturer for the HR20 presently. D* is finally starting to sell a black version of the HR20 which is also a 700.

3. Elling

Elling Mentor

Dec 23, 2006
    Kenmore, WA
    Thank you. I thought it was sort of odd how the first (to my knowledge) model started off as a "-700" (as opposed to "-100").

4. Cyrus

Cyrus Godfather

Oct 22, 2006
    A new manufacturer is supposed to be added in 2007, so there should be a number besides 700 next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.