1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the requirement of a Joey for every Hopper still in place?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by fudpucker, Apr 16, 2013.

1. fudpucker

fudpucker Godfather

Jul 23, 2007
    NW Iowa
    We've been waiting to finish a new den before we move into it and simultaneously upgrade our Dish hardware system. We currently have a 722 and two 612s, 3 TVs. I want to have a Hopper with Sling, a Hopper w/o sling, and a Joey - that's an ideal fit for our TVs and viewing habits. Earlier in the year I was told Dish would not set up an install with two Hoppers unless I also had two Joeys, which is kind of silly since I only have 3 TVs (I'm trying to figure out how the installer would install the second Joey with no TV to hook it up to, but I'm guessing he'd just leave out a Hopper and install a Hopper and two Joeys.)

Is it still Dish policy to only install a Hopper with a Joey, or can I now get them to install two Hoppers and one Joey? Just want to know how hard to push when I call Dish to set up the install.

Thanks.

2. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    If you call Dish directly, most likely they will be very soggy about a 2 Hopper no or 1 Joey. So instead call a local installing retailer and they will do it with no problem.

The other way is to order 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys and refuse one at installation, many have reported that working fine too.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    EXACTLY !

4. tommiet

tommiet Godfather

Dec 28, 2005
    Had a joey for about 2 weeks and after 3 service calls, they let me have 2 Hoppers. Told me that was not an issue. Same monthly cost.

5. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    I got 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey when Hopper first appeared......a Dirt member ordered it and I got it. Calling Dish is a crap shoot, box of chocolates, whatever. Contact a Dish Rep. here for assistance. !pepsi!

6. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    On the day the Hopper was released, I got one with no Joeys by simply calling my local installer directly.

7. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    With 3 TVs, I kept my extra Joey rather than refusing it when Hopper/Joeys first came out. I connected it to a different HDMI port on my main TV and use it to set timers for my wife on Hopper2, as a backup for live TV when all 3 tuners are in use on Hopper1, and to access Hopper2's EHD . It's worth every penny of the $7 a month (until full Hopper integration happens).